HIPAA Compliance Medical Billing
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is a security rule every provider, medical billing service company, and the insurance company must comply with. The rule protects patients’ information, and to make sure the information is securely stored and transferred.
Here are three pillars of HIPAA by Legion Medical Billing service provider:
- Encryption of patient information when it’s been transferred or stored is the basic step Legion medical billing service takes.
- Networks are protected using firewalls, intrusion detection, and prevention systems in case hackers get access to systems.
- Backup data is encrypted and maintained to prevent accidental deletion.
- All Legion employees regularly trained for data security.
- A trained and experienced executive is assigned to follow data security and HIPAA compliance.
- Identify and train all the employees that have access to patient data. In case of natural or man-made disasters, backup data is stored to eliminate information loss.
- A team of IT experts work 24/7 in case of a data breach to inform the compromised patient and fix the compromised IT systems.
- Physical security systems are developed to prevent device theft or loss containing patient information.
- All devices that contain patient information are kept at a secured location. The information is either encrypted or password-protected to reduce the impact due to device loss or theft.
Legion Medical Service understands the importance of patient data, hence we have adopted state-of-the-art security analytics systems to prevent any malware from entering our network. We regularly hire a third-party security company to audit our device and network security.